As children start developing, their innate talents begin to show and they are drawn towards particular activities. Many children start using sports and extracurricular activities to achieve success.
What Are the Advantages of Sports for Kids?
Today, very few children are taking active part in sports, thanks to the advent of the digital entertainment media. All these things are taking precedence over outdoor activities . For many children, playing football or netball in the park is absolutely uninteresting. This might result in a generation of unhealthy, obese and introvert children.
Taking part in sports reduces stress and enhances kids’ moods. It builds healthy bones and muscles, increases fitness, improves sleep, helps them socialize, improves their cooperation skills, boosts self-confidence and lowers the risk of getting obese.
The Importance and Benefits of Sports and Games for Your Child
Here are some good reasons for you to encourage your kids to take up sports related activities. You can also find more great advice on this topic in our experts’ podcasts on the benefits of sports and exercise for kids and the different types of sports for kids.
- The health benefits of sports and games – Studies have revealed that children who play sports are less stressed out than those kids who do not take part in any physical activity. Participation in sports has many other benefits like increased cardiovascular fitness, a healthy growth in their tendons, bones, ligaments and muscles. They will develop better balance and coordination and get good sleep.
- There are also social advantages of sports for kids – It helps them to make more friends. When they join a local football or a cricket team or participate in school sports, it is helpful to them as they get to make new friends. A new activity will also open up chances for an entirely new circle of friends for the kids.
- It gets them outdoors – Many kids are very happy to stay indoors, watching television and playing computer games; they have no exposure to real communication in the outer world or to fresh air. When they take up a new sport, it is a fun opportunity for them to go outdoors, exercise and breathe in some fresh air. It does not matter if they get themselves and their clothes dirty. There is always Surf excel at home to take care of the stains.
- The importance of sports for kids when it comes to reducing obesity – Over thirty percent of children between five and nineteen years of age in the world are obese. This is linked to the absence of exercise and also to the type of diet they maintain. By participating in sports, children will not only have a great time but they can also burn off excess calories, making them active.
- Builds self-confidence – Sports is a good medium to boost up your child’s self-esteem and improve their self-confidence. It also teaches children about teamwork, goal building and success in life. And while playing, if they slip and fall, let them get up and wipe themselves off. As for the stains, Surf excel will never let you down.
The Importance of Sports and Games for the Personality Development of Kids
Physical education has a great role to play in the personality development of children through sport activities. It also has an impact on their ability to learn and their educational growth. There is always a chance of building up a positive relationship between psychological development and involvement in physical activities. Physical education makes up part of the basis of children’s early personality development .
Skills that are picked up during physical education and sports have a big impact on the holistic growth of your child. They will be learning about the important values of teamwork, fair play and respect for each other. It also offers them a forum to learn how to cope with competition. The learning aspects bring to the fore the importance of sports and games for the social development of a child.
Did you take part in sports activities as a child? Which outdoor activities were your favourites? Share your thoughts with us!