Hand printing is lots of fun, and it's such an easy craft for kids! Especially if you use mud instead of paint.
What you need for muddy hand printing
- Sheets of paper
- Fine mud and water (mixed to consistency of paint)
- Cotton buds
How to do hand and foot printing
- Dip the brush in the mud and paint the palm of your hand
- Press your hand down firmly onto a sheet of paper
- Slowly lift it off to reveal your hand imprint
- Add more handprints and footprints
- Decorate around your hand and footprints with dots made from dipping a cotton bud into mud and dotting the paper
- Ensure children do not play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals.
- Ensure that children do not put dirt or dirty hands in their mouths. Potting mix is dangerous as it contains a potentially harmful bacteria, do not use.
- Ensure any cuts are covered. Wash hands afterwards.